|Department of Dermatology |
In October 1940, the High School for Clinical Care was founded in Mashhad city, Iran, which became the School of Medicine in 1949. Before this time, there were no dermatology departments in Mashhad and other cities of Khorasan province, and patients with skin diseases were treated by general practitioners and internal physicians. In case of the need for hospitalization, these patients would be admitted in the internal medicine section. Dr. Mohammad Taghi Radpoor was one of the founders of the school, who completed the assistant training period at the Dermatology Department of Saint-Louis Hospital of Paris, France, under the supervision of professor Daugshen and Gougerou. He started his career as an instructor of skin disorders at the newly-founded department.